Douglasville Juvenile Attorney

If your child has recently been charged with a Juvenile delinquency case, you may be very scared about what punishment your child may receive.

If you have questions like the following, then please contact Juvenile Attorney Bryan Hilton to give you a little more information.

  • My child was arrested, where will he or she go?
  • Will my child be tried in adult court or juvenile court?
  • Will I have to pay my child’s fees?
  • Can my child’s juvenile records be sealed?
  • Am I financially responsible for my childs’ behavior?


Bryan is available to represent Juveniles many counties in Metro Atlanta, such as Paulding County, Carroll county, Cobb County, Haralson county and many more. Although he is located in Douglas county, he is not limited to practicing in this county alone.

The judge will determine what your child deserves, but having a strong Juvenile Attorney on your child's side will help to make sure that your child is treated fairly and that the ruling they receive is justified based on the crimes committed.

A few things your child may be facing are: your child may be able to continue to live with you but under strict court supervision. Your child may be put on probation, and he or she may have to live with a relative, in a foster home or group home, or in an institution. Your child may be put on probation and sent to a probation camp or ranch. Or, your child can be sent to the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Juvenile Justice.

If the Courts decide to try your child in adult court, he or she will most likely be sent to the Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, Division of Adult Operations.

Important Terms - Click for Definition

Delinquent child means a child who has committed a crime under the laws of Georgia or another state (if the crime occurred in the other state) and is in need of treatment and rehabilitation.

Unruly child means a child who is habitually and without justification truant from school; is habitually disobedient of the reasonable and lawful commands of his or her parents, guardian, or other custodian and is ungovernable; has committed an offense only applicable to a child; deserts his or her home; wanders or loiters about the streets between the hours of 12:00 Midnight and 5:00 A.M.; patronizes a bar; possesses alcoholic beverages; disobeys the terms of supervision contained in a court order; commits a delinquent act, and is in need of supervision, treatment, or rehabilitation.

Any child who is without proper parental care or control, subsistence, education as required by law, or other care or control necessary for the child's physical, mental, or emotional health or morals; has been placed for care or adoption in violation of law; has been abandoned by his or her parents or other legal custodian; or is without a parent, guardian, or custodian.